Sleeping quarters, bathroom, kitchen and living space – all in one container
Big Box provides a container customization service for container home designs. We do not design container homes, but instead customize containers according to architect or draftsman plans submitted to us.
When you submit a plan for a container home to Big Box we’ll review it and provide feedback on your container requirements.
Once the plan is finalized and approved we’ll then work in collaboration with your team of builders, engineers and architects to help make your dream container home a reality.
Big Box housing unit containers have the following advantages:
- they’re much cheaper, less disruptive, and faster to put in place than “brick and mortar” housing
- they provide good air circulation
- they’re tough, weather-resistant and vandal-proof
- they make it easy to scale up the housing space at your disposal; simply add additional, converted containers
- they can be relocated as necessary.
How it works
At Big Box Containers, we work closely with each client to determine the exact specifications for container units. Depending on your needs and preferences, we can:
- help determine and then implement the ideal floor plans for your needs
- add doors and windows in configurations you choose
- install kitchen and ablution facilities, with proper plumbing and fixtures
- install air conditioning and electrical wiring
- install sustainability features such as solar water heating and grey water management systems.
We do all conversion work at our own premises, ensuring that you don’t have to deal with noise or disruptions associated with having work teams on your premises.
Once your container is ready, our fleet will deliver it to premises in South African or elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa. The team will also set up the housing units and ensure they meet your requirements.